Monday, February 16, 2009

The Horticulturist Society

Hi Folks,

Well sometimes it goes weeks and I don't submit a blog and today I have three! Oh well, I guess that means I have been busy.

I joined the Horticulturist Society on Saturday and am so glad I did! This month's meeting was focused on Orchids. We had a guest speaker from Nassau who has been growing orchids for about 20 years. He did a demonstration on separating and re potting.

Members bring a potted plan to the meeting and at the end of the meeting the plants are auctioned off to other members. The Orchids that our guest speaker brought over were auctioned off as well. I walked away with a gorgeous and unique bromeliad that a member brought and also an orchid.

I will enjoy being a member of this society. It gives me a chance to meet and mingle with locals as well as people who have purchased real estate here in Abaco. Together we are making our yards beautiful!

~Your Abaco Real Estate Agent
Mailin Sands